This tea blend combines two of the world’s most powerful antioxidants: turmeric and ginger.* Commonly used in Asian cuisines to give food flavor and color, turmeric can also serve as an herbal supplement.* Drinking turmeric ginger tea may also help improve mood, brain and memory function, digestive function, and increase your energy.* Additional benefits include providing some headache and migraine relief.*
A member of the ginger family, turmeric (Curcuma longa) root has a vibrant orange color thanks to its main active ingredient - curcumin. It has been used as a natural dye, food ingredient, and medicinal herb for centuries. Most popularly used in curries, turmeric has a strong and slightly bitter flavor, plus a peppery aroma. Turmeric also has various beauty applications (face and hair masks, for example).
Some Benefits of Turmeric*
- Turmeric contains bioactive compounds with powerful medicinal properties.
- Dramatically increases the antioxidant capacity of the body.
- Boosts brain-derived neurotrophic factor, which is linked to improved brain function and a lower risk of brain diseases.
- Curcumin can help lower your risk of heart disease by lowering LDL and total cholesterol levels. It also holds promise in slowing cancer cell growth.
- Can serve as a digestive aid, as it stimulates bile production.
- May function as an anxiolytic, and thanks to curcumin can also increase serotonin and dopamine levels.
- Turmeric can provide an immune system boost, and its antiviral and antibacterial properties help fight respiratory system infections.
- Stabilizes blood sugar levels via modulation of glucose metabolism.
Ginger has anti-viral properties, and its anti-inflammatory properties can ease joint & muscle tissue inflammation induced by overexercise, arthritis, or rheumatism.* Due to its tremendous circulation-increasing qualities, ginger is thought to improve complexion.*
Some Benefits of Ginger*
- Reducing indigestion & gastrointestinal problems such as gas & stomach cramps
- Aids in prevention of internal blood clots
- Reducing headaches & migraines
- Lymph-cleansing properties
- Supporting kidney health
- Colon cleansing benefits as well as reducing colon spasms & cramps
- Combating cardiovascular disease
- Stimulating production of digestive juices
- Improving bowel disorders
- May reduce TIA’s (mini strokes)
- Help to eliminate congestion
- Killing parasites & their eggs because it contains zingibain
- Combating alopecia (spot baldness)
- Reducing sore throat pain & irritation
- Inhibits production of cytokines, which cause pain & swelling
- Inhibiting the enzyme 5-LO, which induces apoptosis (cell death)